Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Manicotti

I found this recipe on another blog.

Chicken Manicotti

Ingredients:

1 can/jar spaghetti sauce
1 t garlic salt
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up or shredded
8 oz ricotta cheese
14 uncooked manicotti shells
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce on bottom of 13x9 pan. Mix ricotta cheese with chicken and sprinkle on the garlic salt. Insert chicken mixture into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from both ends if necessary. Place filled shells on spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over filled shells, covering completely. Sprinkle on shredded cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour. NOTE: Mine (below) is kinda crispy on the top because I forgot to cover when baking until it was about halfway thru the time.

We served this with a big fresh salad, buttered toast and peaches

Our Review: This was not one of the better recipes. Edible but not great. I think I prefer my manicotti meatless or with beef. To me the chicken just tasted funny in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment