Friday, May 22, 2009

Bourbon Chicken

I found this recipe online but changed it quite a bit, I was so excited to find this b/c bourbon chicken is one of my favorites!

Bourbon Chicken

Ingredients:
boneless chicken breasts
1/4 t minced garlic
1/4 t ginger
1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T ketchup
1 T cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Cook chicken. I did this by cooking 4 frozen breasts in the crockpot on high for about 4 hours but you could also cook in a skillet with a little oil or in the microwave. Cut chicken into bite size pieces.

Add all ingredients (except chicken) to a saucepan, heating over medium heat until well blended.

Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

This can be served over rice but we didn't. We served this with lipton noodles, steamed veggies and peaches.

Our Review: This is REALLY good!!!! The girls didn't care for it but Mike and I both loved it. This WILL be made again. The leftovers will be yummy in a salad! I think I'll even try the sauce over beef and pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment