Monday, October 5, 2009

Make Ahead French Toast

This one is based on a recipe on allrecipes.com with some changes from me.

Make Ahead French Toast

Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread, cut into about 12 1" slices
7 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
2 t. vanilla extract

1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. maple syrup (I just used regular syrup)
1 c. chopped pecan (option, I did not use)

Mix eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl, pour mixture into bottoms of a 13x9 and an 8x8 square pan. Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture (both sides) and then sit on top of egg mixture in pan. I got 8 in the 13x9 and 4 in the 8x8. Refrigerate over night. In the morning mix together butter, brown sugar, syrup and pecans and spoon mixture over each piece of bread.

Cook at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

Our Review: This was delicious, didn't even need syrup over top! I think it would also be good with cinnamon/sugar mixture over top instead of brown sugar, butter, syrup mixture! Think next time I'll try to make these into french toast sticks and freeze for the girls for breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment