Friday, January 23, 2009

Tuna Cakes

I got this recipe from a magazine, not sure which one. I was hoping for an easier alternative to the salmon patties I make.

TUNA CAKES

Ingredients:
2 cans light tuna in water, drained and flaked
1 pkg. stove top stuffing for chicken (I used low sodium)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup mayonaise
2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
3/4 cup water


Mix all ingredients together.















Refrigerate for 10 min.

Heat large non-stick skillet & spray with cooking spray.

Shape mixture into patties, about 1/3 cup each.

Cook in skillet 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning over carefully after 3 min.
















We served these with fried potatoes, macaroni & tomato juice and pears.


Our Review: These were ok (and we didn't have to find something else to eat) but we all agreed that they were too sweet tasting. This recipe will not be going into our recipe box. But I do think I'll try to doctor it up a bit and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment