Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chicken and Cheese Crescents

I adapted this from a recipe at allrecipes.com. I think the recipe as is would be great and we will try it sometime but I knew for now my girls would eat it better in my adapted format. I'll put the original recipe first and then my adapted recipe!

Original Recipe...
Chicken and Cheese Crescents

Ingredients:
1 (4lb) whole chicken, cooked and deboned (I used 2-3 breasts)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350.

In saucepan heat soup, milk and 4 oz. of the cheese over low heat. Meanwhile, separate crescent rolls into triangles. Place some chicken onto the large end of each rool and top with a little cheese. Roll up and place in a 9x13 pan. Pour 1/2 of soup mixture directly into pan, not on top of rolls.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until rolls rise slightly and are lightly browned.

Pour remaining 1/2 of soup mixture into the dish, laying any leftover chicken meat on top, ans sprinkle with any remaining cheese. Return to oven until rolls are browned and cheese has melted.

My adapted recipe...
Chicken and Cheese Crescents

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken, cooked and deboned (I used 2-3 breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
velveeta cheese
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut some of the velveeta up into bite size pieces. Unroll crescents into triangles and place some chicken and a piece or two of velveeta on large end and roll each one. Place on baking sheet and bake according to package directions.

Meanwhile, combine soup, milk and a chunk of velveeta in a saucepan. Heat until cheese is melted.

Serve crescents with soup mixture over top (if desired).

Our Review: Mike and I really enjoyed these with the mixture over the top so I'm sure we would enjoy the original recipe. Brooke is against most sauces so she ate hers without the mixture.

We served these with green beans and

No comments:

Post a Comment