Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

I found this one on pinterest. www.ladywitharedrocker.com

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless skiness chicken breasts or thighs
1 box (32 oz) chicken broth (I used low sodium)
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 2 + 2 bullion cubes)
1 small onion finely chopped (I used a few shakes of minced onion)
2 dashes of garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cans biscuits

Spray crock pot with non stick spray.  Put everything except the biscuits in and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 on low.  Remove chicken, cut biscuits into eight pieces each, add biscuit "dumplings" into crockpot and cover for another 30 minutes.  Meanwhile shred chicken and then add back into crockpot.

We served this over mashed potatoes with corn and mixed fruit.

Our Review:  I've never made dumplings before so I was a little unsure of how they were supposed to look/taste but everyone (even BOTH girls!) agreed that this was AWESOME!! Such great flavor!  It made a ton so I'm going to try freezing half and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment